Connect
To Top

Courtney Love by David Roemer for Vanidad May 2010

Photographer David Roemer captures cover star Courtney Love for one rocking editorial in the latest issue of Spanish Vanidad. Styled by Avena Gallagher, the opinionated musician keeps true to her own style while donning contemporary garments that feature everything from feminine lace to risqué cut-outs.

Full Credits (include if re-posting):

love courtney!

4. Rhonda

April 28, 2010 at 10:27 pm

love courtney!

5. Stephanie

April 28, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Don't really have an opinion about her, but she knows how to turn it out in photos.

6. Stephanie

April 28, 2010 at 10:44 pm

7. Stephanie

April 28, 2010 at 10:44 pm

8. Stephanie

April 28, 2010 at 10:44 pm

9. Jimmy

April 28, 2010 at 11:24 pm

She's a mess

10. Jimmy

April 28, 2010 at 11:24 pm

She's a mess

11. fancyfeast

April 29, 2010 at 1:07 am

Man, this shit is bad. BAD. The makeup, the hair, the test shot photos, BAD!!! Unbelievable, how bad talent works.

12. fancyfeast

a lot of photoshop work!

18. Miss Su

April 29, 2010 at 1:49 am

a lot of photoshop work!

19. Big

April 29, 2010 at 3:18 am

Destiny of the Olsen Twins!!! (Olson?)

20. Big

April 29, 2010 at 3:18 am

Destiny of the Olsen Twins!!! (Olson?)

21. Big

April 29, 2010 at 3:18 am

Destiny of the Olsen Twins!!! (Olson?)

22. Big

April 29, 2010 at 3:18 am

Destiny of the Olsen Twins!!! (Olson?)

23. fancyfeast

April 29, 2010 at 5:11 am

Why was my comment erased? this is bad photography and the makeup and hair is also bad. This is a valid opinion. Courtney is courtney and that's all great but this sucks.

24. fancyfeast

Blurry

30. Lola

April 29, 2010 at 9:31 am

Blurry

31. stephen

April 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm

her concert at Terminal 5 in NYC on Tuesday was disappointing.
    she is a unique spirit just the same.

• Susan

May 1, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Agreed. She seemed very sad and/or stiff. I adore her but it wasn't one of her finer concerts, I guess we all have off days. These photos are amazing though.

• Susan

May 1, 2010 at 1:05 pm

• Susan

May 1, 2010 at 1:05 pm

32. stephen

April 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm

her concert at Terminal 5 in NYC on Tuesday was disappointing.
    she is a unique spirit just the same.

33. stephen

April 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm

her concert at Terminal 5 in NYC on Tuesday was disappointing.
    she is a unique spirit just the same.

34. stephen

April 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm

her concert at Terminal 5 in NYC on Tuesday was disappointing.
    she is a unique spirit just the same.

• Susan

May 1, 2010 at 1:05 pm

35. A.J. Fung

April 29, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Does everyone remember how incredibly beautiful she looked on the cover of Italian Vogue a few years back, by Steven Meisel?

36. A.J. Fung

44. A.J. Fung

April 29, 2010 at 4:40 pm

45. A.J. Fung

April 29, 2010 at 4:40 pm

46. Susan

May 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm

LOVE this…after all she's lived through, it's amazing to see this is what remains. Bellisimo! She's looking better than ever, just keep it together CLC, we love you!

47. Susan

May 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm

48. Susan

May 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm

49. Susan

May 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm

50. @charlotteacts

May 1, 2010 at 1:46 pm

to fancyfeast: yes, maybe it s just opinion, but look, sometimes it s a lack of understanding: i don t know if you see david r s photography ART for the first time. it s his own way to be artistic and he s curageous and this show on these pics. i must admit that court makes a lot, HER talent to get the inside out, of course!! but david is brilliant in guiding and showing. i love his art:new and dearing. love, @charlotteacts

51. @charlotteacts

May 1, 2010 at 1:46 pm

52. @charlotteacts

May 1, 2010 at 1:46 pm

53. @charlotteacts

May 1, 2010 at 1:46 pm

54. @charlotteacts

May 1, 2010 at 1:48 pm

if you find the makeup n her bad, you don t GET @courtneyloveuk. that s MY opinion! love, @charlotteacts

• Liu

May 3, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I get it. The messy look=rock=courtney. I didn't like the shape of the messy eye either.

• Liu

May 3, 2010 at 12:23 pm

• Liu

May 3, 2010 at 12:23 pm

• fancyfeast

May 4, 2010 at 1:57 am

oh i get it alright. That kinda stuff (makeup) can be done messy and grunge and rocked out and heroin chic but, it can be done well. I've seen it done better dozens of times. I work with art and I'd hardly call this art. Take away Courtney and you'd have mediocrity. That's all folks.

• fancyfeast

• Liu

May 3, 2010 at 12:23 pm

• fancyfeast

May 4, 2010 at 1:57 am

58. @emperorbevis

May 1, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Fantastic Courtney is looking very much the thinking mans rock chick. A mess? No. Living the dream, maybe?

59. @emperorbevis

May 1, 2010 at 1:52 pm

60. S'quieta

May 1, 2010 at 6:12 pm

I think she looks gorgeous. It's not bad photography, I hardly think they'd use bad photography. You just fockin' stupid bebe. It's just the pixel size on the computer.

61. S'quieta

May 1, 2010 at 6:12 pm

62. Blue

May 1, 2010 at 7:09 pm

holy god I adore her. If you look closely, the K is still visible on her torso. Sigh. Yeah, maybe she's a mess, but she's a hot mess and obviously getting her life together and honestly trying to have people take her seriously. For fucks sake, she even went on The View dressed like a suburban mother on her weekend shopping trip to Restoration Hardware and Anthropologie. I only wish the best for her and Frances Bean.

63. Blue

68. Susan

May 1, 2010 at 8:04 pm

69. Susan

May 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm

70. Charles Kane

May 2, 2010 at 1:48 am

Courtney is royalty. She is a star. She can work a camera better than any non-model I can think of. Her earthy f..ed up beauty is real and beguiling. These may not be the greatest photos ever but it is Courtney who shines. Bravo.

71. Charles Kane

May 2, 2010 at 1:48 am

72. Charles Kane

May 2, 2010 at 1:48 am

73. Charles Kane

May 2, 2010 at 1:48 am

74. K...

May 3, 2010 at 4:38 am

Courtney is fab. The pictures aren't the best I've seen. I work in this business. But, that's ok. Courtney pulls it off.

75. K...

May 3, 2010 at 4:38 am

76. K...

May 3, 2010 at 4:38 am

77. K...

May 3, 2010 at 4:38 am

78. Liu

May 3, 2010 at 11:58 am

COURTNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GODDESS!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG FAN OF COURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SUCH A BIG FAN OF THESE FOTOS ):

79. Liu

this is the best I have ever seen her look

84. france

June 24, 2010 at 3:44 am

this is the best I have ever seen her look

85. Ghouldilocks

July 9, 2010 at 12:21 am

Such an amazing and beautiful woman.

86. Ghouldilocks

July 9, 2010 at 12:21 am

Such an amazing and beautiful woman.

87. Ghouldilocks

July 9, 2010 at 12:21 am

Such an amazing and beautiful woman.

88. Ghouldilocks

July 9, 2010 at 12:21 am

Such an amazing and beautiful woman.